10 March 2009

Heightened Tensions

I woke up this morning looking forward to a much needed day off. As I wandered out to the kitchen to make some breakfast, I noticed an odd gathering on the sofa. It seems that a delegation of toys was attempting something of a welcoming committee. Or perhaps a peace summit. Quite impossible to tell, really. So I watched from the end of the hall to see how it all played out. Well, in a few short minutes it all went terribly wrong from the toys' perspective.

The blazing speed of the imps' attack was matched only by its ferocity. I was so stunned, that I was completely unable to intervene. Several toys were pronounced "unplayable at the scene", and Buzz Lightyear has vowed to seek justice, possibly revenge. Not long after, he met with representatives of the Power Rangers to discuss a joint effort to neutralize the imps.

I fear I may have let loose a plague within my home. All I really wanted was to study their behaviour and perhaps mitigate the effect of population islands that I have been observing in the field. It may be time, as my lovely wife Madrigal has suggested, to find other homes for a few of these creatures.

No comments: