23 May 2009

Spring Comes, Not a Moment Too Soon!


Ah, Spring. It comes much later here than back home, it seems. Must be because we're so landlocked here. Well, the imps have been abominable the last few weeks. The feud with the toys escalated dramatically with the accidental (I SWEAR!) introduction of another strain of imps. These I found at the conservatory near our home. I think they may be from the Amazon, as it seems many of the trees and other plants at the conservatory come from the Amazon River basin.

Here's the honest truth of it: I brought them home simply to observe, fully intending to keep them well away from the rest of the little buggers. I even had a separate room in the cellar to keep them in. Well, within minutes of passing through the door, they managed to free themselves! This batch seems more brazen than the previous two, which of course only gives the others ideas. Here they are gorging on the week's supply of cat food. (Actually none of the newest strain are in this photo; they got away too quickly despite their overloaded bellies.)

This isn't quite how I imagined things would go.

No comments: